Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Caught between Green and Blue

I've always loved pictures of meadows and sky. Together they are the most beautiful scene I can think of. 

The grass is constant, soft (with the occasional thorn) and green, which cradles me so that I can rest in peace and contentment. Quite, understanding, and hidden, but somehow so present at times, and surprises me with flowers and a sense peacefulness. 

The sky is an ever changing bright blue, dark night, or pale and soft. It is brilliant and light, but contains great depth. The sky has so many elements. The wind, the weather, the rain, and sun are beautiful and complex, but too much and it could overwhelm and destroy. 

Without either one I don't know what I would do. 

I'm caught in the balance from one to the other. The sky sends the wind to pull me up, but gravity and the soft ground calls me back down. In a tug-a war where I am the rope I'm being torn in two. Painful, but I don't see a more comfortable alternative. 

Its not about comfort its about doing what's right, and that I don't even know what that is right now. 

No comments: